The name SandPIPER first originated during the development of the first Air Operated Double Diaphragm (AODD) pump manufactured by Warren Rupp. AODD pumps had been designed to handle solids of any appreciable size.
In order to accelerate wear during the development of the pump, a slurry of very abrasive silica sand was continuously cycled throughout the pump. The sand slurry was often wore through the piping before the pump had failed. Since the sand was pumped through a pipe, Warren E. Rupp, the company founder, decided to name the pump the SANDPIPER.
The SandPIPER brand now includes:
- ATEX Diaphragm Pumps
- Containment Duty Pumps (metallic and non-metallic)
- Heavy Duty Diaphragm Pumps (with Balls)
- Heavy Duty Diaphragm Pumps (with Flaps)
- High Pressure Duty Pumps
- Special Duty - UL fuel pumps, filter press, USDA, mine construction, natural gas-operated, dewatering and waste water
- Standard Duty Diaphragm Pumps (metallic and non-metallic)
- Submersible Diaphragm Pumps
Visit the Air Pumping Ltd website for more information on SandPIPER Pumps